CITIZENS FOR MODERN TRANSIT ~ TRY & RIDE PROGRAM
- Tired of sitting in traffic?
- Gas prices eating into your budget?
- Not sure about using transit?
Citizens for Modern Transit’s Try & Ride program helps address all of these questions and many more.
This comprehensive, award-winning program provides participants with the opportunity to try our transit system, get personalized routes, discover money-saving benefits and more. CMT is confident that once you try transit, you’ll recognize the many benefits and make transit a part of your regular commute.
- Personalized transit routes for your work or school commute that includes the best modern transit options via MetroBus, MetroLink or a combination of both.
- Complimentary tickets for the first month for commuting.1
- Registration in the Guaranteed Ride Home Program.2
- Tips and tricks for using public transit.
1. CMT Try & Ride program registrants will be sent tickets for riding the system 3 days a week. If after the first full commute week, participants commit to riding 5 days a week for the month, contact CMT to request tickets for the rest of the first month.
2. The Guaranteed Ride Home program provides a security blanket for transit commuters in case of a personal emergency, sickness or unscheduled overtime. In such cases, Guaranteed Ride Home participants receive either a subsidized cab ride home or subsidized rental car. Guidelines are available at Guaranteed Ride Home.
Give It a Try
- Participation is complimentary — there is no fee to participate.3
- Participants are asked to commit to using transit for two months for their work or school commute.4
- Participants are asked to take two quick surveys.5
3. The Try & Ride program is complimentary to new transit riders in Missouri and Illinois.
4. Participants are asked to commit to using transit for two months for their work or school commute. This does not mean every day of the week for eight weeks — the commitment is to travel by public transit three to four days per week. CMT will cover the first month of tickets and participants will be responsible for the second month. Many participants may already work for an employer which will cover all or a portion of the cost of the transit pass.
5. Participants will be asked to take a quick survey at the end of the first month and a final survey at the end of the two- month transit commitment. Participants must sign a letter of commitment agreeing to these terms for the two-month period. Once registered, participants will receive the Transit Try & Ride Packet in the mail.Participation is complimentary — there is no fee to participate.3