Mobility management and a Mobility Manager strive to enhance transportation coordination and customer-centered service delivery. Mobility management:
- Expands capacity through agency cooperation
- Increases collaboration among public agencies and transportation providers
- Reduces costs and increases efficiency through coordination
- Uses existing community transportation services
- Is an innovative, multi-agency approach to fill more vehicles
- Utilizes information technology for travel information, trip planning, and service coordination.
- Assists employees get to work
- Assists people getting to medical appointments
- Allows individuals to get to venues to purchase goods and services
- Increases travel between municipalities and counties which stimulates local and state economy
- Coordinating ride sharing and carpooling
This mobility management program is funded by grants
Working in collaboration with a grant writing committee of the EMTCC, Boonslick RPC submitted the following two grants to fund the startup of Mobility Management in a region that includes the following counties: Lincoln, Warren, Montgomery counties and the surrounding areas including St. Charles, and Franklin Counties.
- New Freedom Grant (FTA-5317) from the Missouri Department of Transportation
- Missouri Developmental Disabilities Council under provisions of PL 106-402, the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act.